Saturday 12th April 2014: 12 noon to 4pm.
- Victories compromises & defeats. From Hovis to Grangemouth, from NHS to Royal Mail privatisation.
- Proposed merger between Unite and the PCS. Its reason & its effect.
- Unite & the Labour party.
- Unite NEC elections & candidates with GRL support.
- A longer working life, a longer working week. Is the 35 hour week being defended or being surrendered. & what’s happened to the ‘fighting’ fund?
This meeting is open to members of UNITE the union, their families, friends & trade unionists who are supporters of the Grass Roots left initiative.
The Comfort Inn: Station Street B5 4DY opposite Birmingham New St Station:
The Comfort Inn is also a short walk from Snow Hill & Moor St stations.